Problems with connection to database

Hey, I’m working in the marketing department of a mid-sized company. One of the most important aspects of my work is visualizing the incoming data for the people in charge. The higher ups don’t want to look at numbers, they want graphs. For that I’m using Grafana. The issue is that I sometimes have problems connecting Grafana to our Database. What could I do to solve that?

Classic higher up’s, they need people to make them charts because they can’t be bothered to read the numbers themselves.
But all good for you, I guess it’s gritty relaxing to make these visualizations if the database is connected properly.

But that’s a pretty common problem. Not all databases are created equal and so some of them don’t let you connect open source software like Grafana properly.
In order to solve that problem, I recommend using a software like aiven or something. This would let you connect your database and Grafana with a couple of clicks and you would be good to go. If you’re interested, just check it out here.

1 Like

Hi @Bernobot, you might get more input in a Grafana forum? Some people here are using Grafana, but everyone there is. If you do post there, remember to specify what database you are connecting to, and what the error message is.