Query DMN with Single input with multiple values

I have a DMN which has one input and two output columns.
But my workflow want to query DMN with multiple values. For example, i want query DMN with multiple hobbies and more than one result is expected. Let’s say HOBBY_ID IN (“TREKKING”, “COOKING”).
I have a question if DMN supports querying using one input field but with Multiple values. Thanks!

HOBBY_ID(INPUT) BOOK_NAME(OUTPUT) AUTHOR(OUTPUT)
=============== ================ =============
TREKKING MOUNTAIN TREKKING GEORGE MICHAEL
TREKKING CAMPING TREKKING ROBERT WILSON
COOKING VEGETERIAN DISHES ASHISH MEHTA
COOKING DESSERTS DAVID PULLMAN
GARDENING INDOOR CHRISTOPHER
GARDENING OUTDOOR WILSON

@rajasekhar can you represent this table in excel or dmn table?

DMN supports comparison with multiple values in a input column.

HobbyData
Thanks Aravindhrs for your response.
Attached image with list of hobbies and headers.
Please note that data has to be in two different rows but in a single row, You can find in the attached image. Thanks!

@rajasekhar In that case, you should use hitPolicy="COLLECT" . If you send hobby id as “TREKKING”, it will match 2 rules (rule 1 & rule 2), and it collects array of matched results when collect hit policy is used.

Hi Aravind, My question is different, I am already using hitpolicy as “collect” to get multiples rules in the output. My question is how can i pass two values in the same input field? something like HOBBY_ID IN (“TREKKING”, “COOKING”), therefore i can get rule 1,2,3,4.
Please note, the hobbies cannot be merged into one row and they should stay in multiple rows.

@rajasekhar , you should model a process with the multi-instance Business rule task.

Thanks aravind! It works.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.