Query Used to Generate Heat Map

Can anyone give me the query used to draw the heat map in the Camunda GUI? I would like to have the discrete durations (start to finish) of each activity within a process. I’ve tried hard to capture it in MySQL logs, but Camunda is so “chatty” that it’s impossible to tell what is the query and what is standard job management, even on a “quiet” server.

I looked at the heat map plugin source code and the only query I found there didn’t seem like it was what I was looking for.as all it produced were some counts.

I want to be able to dump that out so that I produce activity duration distributions.

Thank you.

Hi @mppfor_manu,

The heatmap executes this 1 query.

Cheers,
Roman

According to the REST API manual, this does not return any timing data.

My real question is what is the actual SQL query used to produce the heat map?

The only way to generate a heat map would be to have the start and end times of each activity. It is this data that I’m interested in.

Thanks for the response.

Michael

Hi @mppfor_manu,

As I already said, the heatmap is calculated on the data returned by 1. The actual SQL query is 2. Anyway, it is not related to the start and end times of each activity.

Cheers,
Roman

In addition please have look into the documentation of the heatmap feature 1 which says

Activity is measured by the number of tokens which have been processed by the node or sequence flow.

Cheers,
Roman

I understand that now and have figure out how to “track” times for a workflow. The flexible nature of BPMN makes these types of exercises difficult as there is no one query that you can easily run to get activity execution times for a large number of processes which may contain different activity paths.

Nonetheless, I think we understand this now, so thanks.