Retry service Task from operate UI

Hi Team,

We are using camunda 8 having spring-zeebe-starter version 8.1.12 and zeebe-client-java version 8.1.4 in our spring boot project.

We would like to know/explore how the retry of instance(incident process instance) option available in camunda operate gui works down the line? (image attached above)

Does zeebe broker just activate the failed jobs again so the worker will poll and work on this job again and finish.

Do we have any api to use and implement similar retry behaviour in our application which connect to camunda/zeebee broker?

Hi @rahulmca.rns,

the updateJobRetries command is sent when you push the button: Zeebe API (gRPC) | Camunda Platform 8 Docs

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier

Thanks for your reply.

Further i tried to use updateJobRetries command to update job retry count so that this job can be retried again but after using below code snippet it appears zeebe broker does not activate the job or its not updating the retry count,

Code Snippet:
zeebeClient.newUpdateRetriesCommand((job.getKey())).retries(1)
.send().join();

Here we tried to update the retry count of job/task after its retry attempt (3) is exhausted and to retry this job again outside of job handler.

Can you please help/guide if we do mistaken something.

Thanks
Rahul

Hi @rahulmca.rns,

I’ve tried it by myself with zbctl and found, that you need to apply the resolveIncident RPC as well to continue the process: Zeebe API (gRPC) | Camunda Platform 8 Docs

I had to look into the webconsole of my browser to find the incident key as it is not displayed in Operate.

But Operate invokes GET incidents regularly, the key was easy to find in the JSON response.

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier

Apart from getting Incidents from operate API POST /v1/incidents/search do we have any other way to get the incidents in camunda8 since operate module we are not using?

Thanks
Rahul

Hi @rahulmca.rns,

They get exported from Zeebe.

Depending on your setup, you can inspect the zeebe-* indices with Kibana on Elasticsearch for further details.

Hope this helps, Ingo

Thanks @Ingo_Richtsmeier

It will be great to know how to connect the Zeebe Open search exporter to a Open search instance over SSL configuration using root certificate of ES?

It appears that the ElasticsearchExporter usesTrustAllStrategy, a trust strategy that accepts all certificates as trusted.

Code Snippet:

if (allowAllSelfSignedCertificates)
try {
SSLContext sslContext = SSLContextBuilder.create().loadTrustMaterial(null, (TrustStrategy)new TrustAllStrategy()).build();
builder.setSSLContext(sslContext);
}
also it does above thing only if allowAllSelfSignedCertificates is true.
How to pass enable/pass the allowAllSelfSignedCertificates variable when using Open Search Exporter ?

Thanks
Rahul

Hi @rahulmca.rns,

I haven’t used Open search so far, I can’t help you further.

As this topic is already solved, I recommend opening a new specific topic with your last question.

Hope this helps, Ingo

@Ingo_Richtsmeier Sure. Thank you So much

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.