Sanity test on Camunda 8

Hi Team,

I have a use case where I need to perform some basic sanity tests in certain workflows before its rolled out to production in Camunda 8 SaaS.

This is what I intend to do:

1. Implement a Workflow (V1) place it in Worker Application Resources folder and push it to GIT.
  2. The CI/CD pipeline will trigger and finally will deploy this Workflow to Camunda 8 SaaS and users can start using it.
  3. Modify the workflow (V2) and follow step 1.

Question:

• Here for performing Sanity Test on V2, what should be done in CI/CD. Should we have a separate cluster for running this modified worker application?
  • Since its pointing to the same Camunda 8 SaaS, won’t it pick external task requests coming from other process instances (which I want to avoid) .?

How can we handle this so that the production application doesn’t get impacted with the tests going on the sanity application.

Generally speaking the work that is performed by Job Workers should be independent of the process itself. Meaning that if any process needs to call a worker they just need to use the correct type to trigger it. The worker itself won’t know anything about the process that it’s doing the work for (beyond the context variables)

One way to deal with this is to add version tags to the type this would ensure that if you change the workers dramatically you can increment the tag in the type and older instances won’t trigger.

Hi @Saju_John_Sebastian1,

with spring-zeebe-test you can run integration tests on the process with an in-memory Zeebe engine: GitHub - camunda-community-hub/spring-zeebe: Easily use the Zeebe Java Client in your Spring or Spring Boot projects

Then you don’t need an extra cluster.

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like