Script Task

Hi, I am new to camunda need some help in how to define a script task in python.
Can anyone provide step by step example of a simple script task implementation.

In camunda8 modeler there is task definition what should be defined in that , where should I write the script

Hello @Milan_Apegaonkar ,

as zeebe is meant to be a cloud-native workflow engine, the implementation of a task does not lie inside the engine but in your own infrastructure/piece of code.

So instead of executing tasks inside the engine, jobs are created and the waits for execution of them from outside. Please find the basic concept here.

Given you want to use Python, there is an implementation provided by our lovely community.

I hope this helps

Jonathan

1 Like

Thanks Jonathan.

I am working on a POC so just in case if we decide to implement in Camunda 7 (then there is a possibility of inline script, external scripts are better but this is not in my hands :sweat_smile:) . Can you provide me with some resources on inline scripting in python , I went through the camunda7 docs but I am struggling right from filling the script format .

Hello @Milan_Apegaonkar ,

if you plan to use Camunda 7, my answer differs. Camunda 7 uses a completely different architecture and engine and offers usage of scripts inside the same machine.

Please find a thread about this here.

I hope this helps

Jonathan

1 Like