Seeking Advice on Implementing a Daily Specific Time Trigger in a Process

Hello everyone,

I’m currently working on adding a timer intermediate event to a specific point in my process. My goal is for this event to trigger at a particular date/time daily. Initially, I attempted to use a time cycle for this purpose. However, upon deploying the process, I encountered a warning stating, “It is not recommended to use an intermediate catch timer event with a time cycle.”

I would appreciate guidance or best practices on how to correctly implement this functionality. Is there an alternative method to achieve a daily trigger without using a time cycle? Any insights or suggestions would be highly valuable.

Thank you in advance for your help!

So the issue here is that a cycle on a timer is indented to be used in situations where the token doesn’t leave the scope. An example would be a non interrupting timer event.
Non-Interruptingtimer2

Because an intermediate event will trigger only once and then token will move on the cycle isn’t reset and so it can’t be used.

So if you’re looking to trigger is on a specific time and date i would just use the Date option and create an expression which will generate the date you want in run time.

1 Like

Okay, thank you for your explanation. I understand now. However, could you please guide me on how to configure an event in Camunda to trigger at a specific time each day using a Date expression

There are a number of ways of doing this actually… and it really depends on exactly how you’re using Camunda - I’m guessing you’re using Camunda 7 so…

You could create a listener at the start of the event that uses javascript or groovy to generate the date and time you want. You then add an expression to the date field that takes the variable created by the listener.

timerexpressionc7

1 Like