Send email notification when a task is activated

how can i send notification to assignee or candidateUser or candidateGroup when the task is activated ?
I’m using camunda 8 self managed

Hi @savi003 - there are a couple different ways that I am aware of to achieve that with C8.

1. Write a job worker that catches all user tasks. You would need to make sure you grab the information you need to send the email, and if you handle emails differently based on which user task it is, you would need to send additional information from the process to the job worker to identify that particular user task. Here some some related forum posts that may be helpful here: Camunda 8 user task, Camunda 8 TaskListener to a user task, and workers for different usertask

2. If you are using self-managed install of C8, you can write a custom exporter that can trigger different events, such as sending an email notification.

3. You can always add a service task just before the user task! (In this screenshot I used the SendGrid Connector.)

You can always add a service task just before the user task! (In this screenshot I used the SendGrid Connector.)
Is there a way i can integrate the service task to send mail inside the user task?

@nathan.loding

No, service tasks and user tasks are two different types with their own behavior. If you don’t want an additional task item in your process model, you could look into the first option of creating a job worker.