Service Task Due Date

Hi guys,

I would like to ask how would u suggest to model to set a due date for a service task. maybe some best practice to this topic?
So if a service task is not triggered till some let say set date then it would be possible to query as a task due after…

Thank you

M

DueDate and FollowUpDate are not applicable for Service tasks. Its applicable only for UserTask.

For service task you can set non-interrupting timer boundary event/Message /Escalation event to notify the user

Thats is the problem that Service Tasks have no due dates :slight_smile:
And thats why I asked for best practice in these cases.
When service task has not yet been triggered and I need to report such information to global monitoring.
I can do such thing via transaction event sub process with timer start event. I havent tried such solution but I believe the following can work.

I believe that event based gateway can be used as well here…

In timer definition type you can specify Date in ISO 8601 format. In service task u can calculate the target date and you can model it in bpmn modeller like ${dueDate} in timerDefinition.

aravindhrs
thank you for ur help, but probably I wasn’t clear enough at the beginning.
I did hope this sentence was explanatory So if a service task is not triggered till some let say set date then it would be possible to query as a task due after…
I need to set a due date for a service task at the very beginig of the process, there might be cases when token would not arrive to service task so due date would not be even possible to set as an expression or other programmatic way. This is an explanation why I haven’t used boundary events cause they wouldnt be triggered in some cases.

Hi @Michal_S,

your solution with the event based subprocess lokks promising. Just add a service task after the timer start event with the label ‘check service completion’ or so.

Then it’s obvious whats happening in the sbprocess.

Hope this helps, Ingo

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier ,

yes, it helps

thank you for the clarification

Michal