Simulating boundary events in Receive Tasks vs plain Tasks

I’m wondering why the simulator treats plain Tasks and Receive Tasks differently when simulating boundary events. Here’s a demo:
Boundary event on receive task

The boundary event on the vanilla task behaves exactly as I expect, sending one token along the event flow.

By contrast, when I fire the boundary event on the receive task, the receive task emits two tokens. I expect it to behave the same as the vanilla task and emit only one, along the event flow.

Is anyone able to shed some light on that please?

1 Like

Hello my friend!

The token simulator does not read code, it only simulates according to the button clicked.

Probably in the receive task flow, the simulator understands that the message boundary event and the receive task itself have the same global message reference, and so when simulating the correlation, it ends up simulating both at the same time.

This seems to me to be a bug in the plugin itself.

William Robert Alves

Hi William,

Thanks for that. It feels like a bug to me too, but I’m new to BPMN so I wasn’t confident. I’m a little more so now :slight_smile:

Cheers!

You’re welcome @tlj ! Feel free to visit the forum and ask anything you need! We are here to help each other! \o

William Robert Alves

1 Like