Standalone DMN engine clustering/scaling

Hi,

I would like to understand whether clustering/scaling is possible in standalone DMN engine or not?

Also would like to know any documentation or pointers available for deployment of standalone DMN engine for aws instance ?

Hi,

I would like to understand whether clustering/scaling is possible in standalone DMN engine or not?

Also would like to know any documentation or pointers available for deployment of standalone DMN engine for aws instance ?

Hi,

the DMN standalone engine is a library you can embed in your own application. Also the standlone DMN engine is stateless which means there are no deployments or history or similar.

Could you explain what you mean with scaling or clustering in this context? Also the standalone DMN engine cannot be deployed on AWS as it is a library and no application. Of course you can deploy an application with the embedded standalone DMN engine.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

many thanks for your response.

What I meant by scaling or clustering was as mentioned for process engine here

would it be possible for DMN engine to provide load balancing or fail-over capabilities via distributing to different nodes in a cluster.

But I think I have got the answer.It can be clustered on different nodes as part of our application. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

regarding aws deployment, I would like to know if we decide to use camunda bpm platform and not standalone DMN engine, could we deploy bpm platform on an aws instance ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Tarun

Hi Tarun,

as the standalone DMN engine is not a standalone application there is no concept of clustering or scaling. So you are right that you of course can do this with your own application which embeds the DMN engine.

You can deploy the Camunda Platform on AWS just as all other Java Application Servers. There is nothing special about the Camunda deployment.

Hope this helps to answer your questions.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

thanks a lot for your answers.

Kind Regards
Tarun