Start event of event subprocess must be of type 'error', 'message', 'timer', 'signal', 'compensation' or 'escalation'

Hi guys,

I’m new on Camunda and I’m following up Niall’s videos. On the advanced topics video(Tutorial: Advanced BPMN Symbols and More (Video 5) - YouTube) And I have two questions here:

1. When deploying in my wildfly, I’m getting the following exception:
    start event of event subprocess must be of type ‘error’, ‘message’, ‘timer’, ‘signal’, ‘compensation’ or ‘escalation’ | hello.bpmn | line 96 | column 43: org.camunda.bpm.engine.ProcessEngineException: ENGINE-09005 Could not parse BPMN process.
    By that, I understand a subprocess cannot be a conditional start event?

2. By the provided sample, it doesn’t mention how to trigger the subprocess. Can you provide some example/link on how to do it?

I’m attaching the bpmn created from the video.
hello.bpmn (13.7 KB)
Thanks,

Andrey

Hi @cunhaap

Welcome to the forum,
This process has a call activity - can you upload the process that is being called by the Call Activity, i think that might be causing the problem.

Hi @Niall,

Thanks for the welcome and for the reply.
Here it is:
process.bpmn (5.3 KB)

I’ve also imported the WAR project. I’ve just renamed to txt extension.
SimpleDemo.txt (55.6 KB)

Hi @cunhaap

So i was able to deploy that model without any problems… so i don’t think that’s the issue.
Are you sure that the model you uploads is the same one you’re trying to deploy?

Hi @Niall,

That’s I’m sure. I generated the MD5 and they matched:
MD5 (SimpleDemo.war) = b418c1fa84c9ddff9ee3162ab56bc948

From your reply, I did some changes because I thought different bpmn files in different .war files with the same name would be an issue but it wasn’t as I’m still facing the issue. I’m sending the new war file (just renamed the bpmn files) and the wildfly logs.

New file MD5: MD5 (SimpleDemo-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.war) = c9b1eb8702bdd65c4b3f72bbe8181cf5

SimpleDemo-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.txt (55.6 KB)

server.log (35.8 KB)

Thanks again!