Stuck at message intermediate event REST

Good afternoon everybody.
I struggle with my not-yet-complete understanding of the camunda Rest API. I have a process instance where I’ve completed a task with a 204 ok blank response. Now the thread is at an intermediate message event listener and I have tried two things:

What is described in this topic

aka the execution messageSubscription actions. But I can’t get or trigger any message event subscription with any of the message names present in my .bpmn file.
In the topic above, someone advised an other developper to use a simple “message correlation”, but I can’t get this done.

When performing a /message request I’ve got this error:

{“type”:“RestException”,“message”:“org.camunda.bpm.engine.MismatchingMessageCorrelationException: Cannot correlate message ‘Message_1of3vqw’: No process definition or execution matches the parameters”}

The payload seems to be variable, but I don’t know what is really needed. I initiated my process without business key. I provide the messageRef which is inside the intermediateCatchEvent in the bpmn file. It looks like “Message_0rr46xz”.

My message request returns a 500 http code :confused:
I’m starting to think that my BPMN is malformed, but it’s more likely I misunderstood how to move forward with message events. Thanks for your help !

Can you upload your BPMN file?

RefundManagement.bpmn (38.0 KB)

FYI execution seems stuck here:

Hey @pvermeil,

you have to use the message name instead of the message id in order to deliver the message.

So in your model, the name of that particular message is: Message_0ena99t (should be renamed to something more meaningful), but you tried to correlate with Message_1of3vqw, which is actually the id of the message element in your BPMN file.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Ben

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give it a try.