Subclass gateways

Hi,

Is it possible to implement specialized logic for the gateways ?
For instance, my tasks doesn’t output a json message that can be transferred to the gateway on which the conditionExpression could be evaluated.
My task output a URI. I would like for the gateway to perform a get request to the URI, get the message, and then evaluate the conditions against this message.

Best
Lionel

Hey @untereiner

any reason why you are not put a Service Task in front of the gateway which does that?

Greets
Chris

Hey @Zelldon

I am exploring different solutions. For now, I have Services Tasks that take a uri do some computation (including recording the result of the computation in a kind of database) and return a uri where to find the recordings. Each task can then be reusable in different workflows.

I wanted not to overburden the workflow diagram with such “administrative tasks” if I could somehow do internally in the gateway.

My tasks are conveying xml data as binary fields of json messages. The interesting part, on which I want to perform the boolean test is in the xml field I need to de-serialize before.

Best
Lionel

Hey @Zelldon,

Any suggestion, or direction where I could start looking ?

Best
Lionel

Hey @untereiner

sorry but I see no other way than doing this in a service task, but maybe @Philipp_Ossler knows better :nerd_face:

Greets
Chris

No other way. You need a service task to fetch the data.

In the SaaS offering, you could use the REST connector to fetch the data.