Suspend particular task

Can I suspend the only task I have selected specifically? not a process instance. because there may be parallel tasks running in a process instance. I just want to suspend a particular task in a particular process instance. how can I do it?

Hi @Rasim_Savas,

if you have checked the service task as async before, you can suspend the job: Suspension | docs.camunda.org

Hope this helps, Ingo

hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier

Thank you for the answer. However, if the task I want to suspend is the user task, how can I perform an action in this case?

Hi @Rasim_Savas,

suspension on a single user task is not possible.

What should happen for the user?

You may just hide the task from the tasklist? If you have your own tasklist frontend you may disable the complete button on certain condition?

Just two ideas that popped up in my head.

Hope this helps, Ingo

@Ingo_Richtsmeier

for example, i have a credit process and process have a task, user checking customer’s credentails (userTask) this task have to 1 day complete sla time. If the documents brought by the customer are incomplete, we want to freeze the default time of the person who took the task and suspend this task. because if the task is not progressing, it encounters a problem independent of the person executing the task.

Hi @Rasim_Savas,

I this case I would announce the SLA with a due date and enforce it with an update timer on the user task. The timer date can be changed with this API: Set Job Due Date | docs.camunda.org

Be aware that the even if both dates are called due dates they are seperate attributes in the database.

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like