Task LIstener in User Task

Hi everyone, I want to ask you some explanations about the lifecycle of Event Type category inside Task Listeners (User Task). I start a process and assing to the User Task a task Listener of type create. When the user manage to complete the task he has to wait 30s and then move to the next task. My question is: why if I put create in the Task Listener of the second task it gives me an error, but if I put update it’s ok? There is a pathway that I have to follow to assign create/update/completed ecc?

I want to specify that the error appears because I’m executing external groovy files and recall them inside task listener, and the errors starts when I arrive to the second task, for the first is ok (and I execute the same code for both of them).

Thank you,
Elena

Hey there @Elena_Jackson! :wave:
Can you maybe share this in a simplified BPMN diagram?

I understood that you are having two user tasks which both have a create listener. Usually I would not expect that this leads to a problem.
It would also be interesting to see how you are calling the external Groovy scripts in both listeners. :thinking:

Looking forward to some further insights.

Hi @Elena_Jackson,

you can find more details on the Usertask event lifecycle here: Delegation Code | docs.camunda.org

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

Only_tasks
Parallel_Gateway

Hi, so I have these 2 processes. The problem is that: for the first image you can see that I have the first
User Task “Respirazione Consapevole” with a clock that activates the Reminder above. Inside the Task
I add ax external script in Groovy and it works. In the second image I have a parallel gateway with 3 User Tasks that start in parallel. The problem is that the Groovy script that I added doesn’t work for them. The script simply says to assign the current Username as Assignee so I can assign indirectly tasks to any User when they log. I manage the script but the best result that I obtained is the assignment to the User only to one task, while the others remain without the name of the user.
Thank you in advance,
Elena

Thank you so much!
Elena