The best way Error End Event at the call activity to propagate to a specific Service Task

I have a scenario where I have n number of multiple level of activities. Need a error handler for all to move to a Pending - service Task which is available at my main workflow Service Task.

Kindly suggest you experience to handle the scenarios, I have observed couple of options like Camunda Error Bound Events, etc. But would like to hear the best practices from your experiences Please…

Hi @dearnani,

if you want to catch an error event which is thrown in a process that is called by a call activity then you should use an error boundary event at the call activity or an error event subprocess. See the docs how to use them.

Since I’m not sure that you want to achieve, can you please describe your use case more detailed and provide a BPMN.

Best regards,
Philipp

Hi Phil,

My apology for the delay. I have the levels like MainFlow (SalesOrder)-> call activity (SalesOrderIterm) -> callActivity (PaymentActivity), If Payment Activity has a state like failure it should move to SalesOrderItem Flow’s Pending ServiceTask.

Hope this helps give a better approach.

Hi @dearnani,

assuming that your “SalesOrderItem” process looks like this:

The error end event is caught by the boundary event and starts the service task.

Please correct the process if it doesn’t match yours.

Best regards,
Philipp

Can observe multiple cal activities

And It has more than two sub level i.e. Activity -> Activity -> Activity.

Hi @dearnani,

in your process, you can use an error event subprocess to handle the errors. Otherwise, you can group the activities in a subprocess and attach the error boundary event on it. This may be the better solution based on your current process.

Best regards,
Philipp