The 'Specification' field is gone in the Camunda web modeller.

The Camunda web modeler does not have the specification section (as opposed to Cawemo). The documentation field can be used within the Implement tab, however, there is no indication that the specification/documentation is filled in.

As an active user of Cawemo, I am rather concerned about this missing functionality. The specification is very useful and utilized in every project I am or my colleagues are working on. It is especially useful for the analysis stage of the project.

Is there any plan to re-introduce this functionality?

BPMN diagram Cawemo / Modeler

BPMN diagram via shared link Cawemo / Modeler

Hi @thx-1138

We’ve been getting this feedback a lot since the end of life for Cawemo was announced. We’ve already passed this features request along to the modeler team and a ticket has been created for it.
I’ll go check on the progress :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update is that it’s going to prioritized very soon and the feature is almost certainly coming to the web modeler, it’s just matter of time.
i’ll try to keep you posted.

1 Like

Hi Niall, any update regarding this? Did you manage to prioritize the re-implementation of this feature?

The feature has been implemented and is now live in the Web Modeler.
We’re also planning to expand on this feature further so please let us know if there’s something else you feel is missing

It looks like this

Hi Niall, it looks great, but you have addressed just half of the issue. It is convenient to enter documentation now, but there is still no visual indication that the documentation (specification) is not empty, in both the standard and the guest link mode. The visual indication is crucial, otherwise, it is necessary to click every box to figure out whether there are some additional details or not.

Thanks for the feedback @thx-1138
Everything you mentioned is already on our radar for improvement and @crobbins215 will be working on prioritizing those to make the migration as easy as possible.