Throw and Catch Events in BPMN

Hi team,
How can I achieve throw and catch events in Camunda 8.
For example in Camunda 7 for escalation events through Escalation Code there was a correlation between throw and catch events. How can I achieve the same behaviour in camunda 8 models without writing a Job workers.
Example -
Escalation throw event

Escalation catch event

Similarly for other events like Link intermediate throw and catch

Hi,

In the current stable version of Camunda 8 (8.1) Escalation events are not supported. However, they will be supported in the next release, Camunda 8.2 (to be released in April). Once they are supported, you can configure escalation events as you know it from Camunda 7.
If you need them now, checkout the latest alpha release: Release Camunda Platform 8.2.0-alpha4 · camunda/camunda-platform · GitHub

1 Like

Similarly for other events like Link intermediate throw and catch

@Naveen_KS. :wave: BTW. Link events are supported since version 8.2.0-alpha2 and later, for more details, please see here: 8.2.0-alpha2

1 Like

Hi @StephanHaarmann , @lzgabel , Are there any alternatives which I can use now in Camunda 8.1 version.

Hi @Naveen_KS,
currently, the only option are error events, which are always interrupting or message events, which require coding. The current alpha version may be a suitable alternative, since Link events and Escalation events are implemented.
If you provide more details on your particular process, we may be able to come up with an alternative within the limits of Camuda 8.1

1 Like

Thanks @StephanHaarmann, I’m doing POC to test out the functionalities before migrating, I’ll test with 8.2 alpha release for now. Thanks for your suggestions!

Hi @StephanHaarmann , Is Signal events are also part of 8.2 release?

Hi,
Signal events are under active development.
You can check the progress in the github issues, here is the respective epic:

A milestone is not set; thus, I assume that it may not be part of the 8.2 release.

Hi @StephanHaarmann. @Naveen_KS.

Start new process instances via top-level signal start events will be released in 8.2. For more details: [EPIC] Start new process instances for top-level signal start events · Issue #11194 · camunda/zeebe · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks for the update much appreciated!! @lzgabel , @StephanHaarmann