Timer event not working

Hi Team,
I have a problem with timer events triggering. When Im entering subprocess with timer boundry event, process is not executing path related to it after 45 seconds (timer is set to duration with timer definition PT45S). I also noticed that when I add extra timer event in between subprocess and task 1, then process freezes and is unable to continue. I checked previuos topics related to it and I already set jobExecutorDeploymentAware to false, and I also add properties in in my bpm-platform.xml. All task presented in diagram are external tasks because I work in .net. In attached file I uploaded screenshot of my process, alse below is my bpm-platform file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<bpm-platform xmlns="http://www.camunda.org/schema/1.0/BpmPlatform" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.camunda.org/schema/1.0/BpmPlatform http://www.camunda.org/schema/1.0/BpmPlatform ">

  <job-executor>
    <job-acquisition name="default">
        <properties>
          <property name="waitTimeInMillis">1000</property>
          <property name="maxWait">45000</property>
        </properties>
    </job-acquisition>
  </job-executor>

  <process-engine name="default">
    <job-acquisition>default</job-acquisition>
    <configuration>org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.cfg.StandaloneProcessEngineConfiguration</configuration>
    <datasource>java:jdbc/ProcessEngine</datasource>

    <properties>
      <property name="history">full</property>
      <property name="databaseSchemaUpdate">true</property>
      <property name="jobExecutorActivate">"true"</property>
      <property name="authorizationEnabled">true</property>
      <property name="jobExecutorDeploymentAware">false</property>
      <property name="historyCleanupBatchWindowStartTime">00:01</property>
    </properties>

    <plugins>
      <!-- plugin enabling Process Application event listener support -->
      <plugin>
        <class>org.camunda.bpm.application.impl.event.ProcessApplicationEventListenerPlugin</class>
      </plugin>

      <!-- plugin enabling integration of camunda Spin -->
      <plugin>
        <class>org.camunda.spin.plugin.impl.SpinProcessEnginePlugin</class>
      </plugin>

      <!-- plugin enabling connect support -->
      <plugin>
        <class>org.camunda.connect.plugin.impl.ConnectProcessEnginePlugin</class>
      </plugin>

    <!-- LDAP CONFIGURATION -->
    <!-- Uncomment this section in order to enable LDAP support for this process engine -->
    <!-- Adjust configuration, see ( http://docs.camunda.org/latest/guides/user-guide/#process-engine-identity-service-the-ldap-identity-service ) -->
    <!--
      <plugin>
        <class>org.camunda.bpm.identity.impl.ldap.plugin.LdapIdentityProviderPlugin</class>
        <properties>

          <property name="serverUrl">ldaps://localhost:4334/</property>
          <property name="acceptUntrustedCertificates">false</property>
          <property name="managerDn">uid=jonny,ou=office-berlin,o=camunda,c=org</property>
          <property name="managerPassword">s3cr3t</property>

          <property name="baseDn">o=camunda,c=org</property>

          <property name="userSearchBase"></property>
          <property name="userSearchFilter">(objectclass=person)</property>

          <property name="userIdAttribute">uid</property>
          <property name="userFirstnameAttribute">cn</property>
          <property name="userLastnameAttribute">sn</property>
          <property name="userEmailAttribute">mail</property>
          <property name="userPasswordAttribute">userpassword</property>

          <property name="groupSearchBase"></property>
          <property name="groupSearchFilter">(objectclass=groupOfNames)</property>
          <property name="groupIdAttribute">cn</property>
          <property name="groupNameAttribute">cn</property>

          <property name="groupMemberAttribute">member</property>
          <property name="sortControlSupported">false</property>

        </properties>
      </plugin>
      -->

      <!-- LDAP CONFIGURATION -->
      <!-- The following plugin allows you to grant administrator authorizations to an existing LDAP user -->
      <!--
      <plugin>
        <class>org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.plugin.AdministratorAuthorizationPlugin</class>
        <properties>
          <property name="administratorUserName">admin</property>
        </properties>
      </plugin>
      -->

    </plugins>


  </process-engine>

</bpm-platform>


If somoeone has an idea what I’m doing wrong please tell me because I’m running out of ideas. Thanks!

Hi @gslowik

In case there are less jobs in ACT_RU_JOB table than (maxJobsPerAcquisition) , the job acquisition waits for (waitTimeInMillis) before submitting jobs to the queue. If this keeps happening over and over again, the wait time will increase rapidly by multiplying it with the waitIncreaseFactor , but it won’t exceed the maximum waiting time (maxWait) .

You can try the same set of values as the ones appear in the below snip

1 Like

thanks for response, I was able to fix this this morning. In my case resetting bpm-platform reverting properties of job-executor to default helped. I was also able to trigger event with jobExecutorDeploymentAware marked as true. However this is only my localhost environment. I will keep this thread opened because in next couple of days I will test this solution on devtest environment so mayby it will help someone in the future

1 Like