To start a process in Camunda platform 8 saas via API call

is there a way I can start a process by an API call currently I am starting the process like this

How to do it via an API call?

You could use a webhook on the start event. That would give you a REST api that you could start.
You can read how to do it here: Start a Camunda Platform 8 Process via REST with Webhooks | Camunda

Hi @savi003,

additional to @Niall’s hint, you can use any client and send the createProcessInstance command: Zeebe API (gRPC) | Camunda Platform 8 Docs.

Here is an example for the java client: Create a process instance | Camunda Platform 8 Docs
and here for the command line client zbctl: Getting started with the CLI client | Camunda Platform 8 Docs

Hope this helps, Ingo

I have a bpmn deployed in camunda 8 saas, What i want is i want to start the process say from postman by sending the body , this is the example from camunda 8 camunda-8-code-studio/src/JavaCloudWorker at main · camunda-community-hub/camunda-8-code-studio · GitHub
{
“person_uuid”: “Carl”,
“employment_category”: “critical infrastructure”,
“age”: 25
}

I was able to do the example explained in the link , but when added it another model it’s not working, can tell me what’s the issue? I will atach the details below

the request body needed to start the process is
{
“person_uuid”: “test2”,
}

Gonna need a lot more information about what you’ve built and what’s going wrong before i can properly help you

but web hook is not creating

can you tell me what all details you need?

You need to deploy the diagram to activate the webhook

diagram is deploying

I added the files in the sample GitHub - camunda-community-hub/camunda-8-code-studio: This repository contains all assets for the Camunda Platform 8 related Code Studio events to my project in camunda, and the change is I added a webhook to start the process, I am not sure is that the correct way, The data needed to start the process via the Camunda UI is
{
“person_uuid”: “test2”,
}
but after deploying it webhook is not starting