Trouble configuring broker health endpoint

I have a zeebe cluster with 3 brokers and a standalone gateway in a docker swarm cluster. I have set the ZEEBE_BROKER_NETWORK_MONITORINGAPI_PORT environment variable and opened up the corresponding port in docker.

NOTE: monitoring for gateway is working

Hi @prthkms, welcome to the Zeebe community!

Is your problem that you cannot connect to the monitoring endpoint in the nodes?

This binds to 0.0.0.0 by default. It could be that it is bound to a Docker network and not passed to an external interface?

What about if you ssh into the gateway and then curl a broker endpoint using the address node0? That would isolate this.

Josh

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed response. I had to shelf my zeebe experiments for a few weeks.

As you can see in the image below, the ports are open to external network. I’m using the same method to open the monitoring port as I did for the gateway. Since the gateway is accessible I don’t see a reason why the broker monitoring port would be any different.

Firewall? Any errors in the broker log?

Can you curl it on the machine itself?

I think there is something fishy in my config. I have opened 3 ports for monitoring 9701, 9702 and 9703 for the three broker which is visible when I do sudo docker service ls however at a container level, the ports are not open. Does not look like an issue in zeebe.

I’ll get my networking right and report back.