Upgrade to Camunda 8.2.0

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to upgrade Camunda from 8.1.6 to 8.2.0 but I have some questions.
Note that I’m doing this on EKS cluster using helm chart.

1. When I tried to upgrade from 8.1.6 to 8.1.7, there were some warnings, is it something that I should worry about?
coalesce.go:223: warning: destination for keycloak.postgresql.ldap.tls is a table. Ignoring non-table value ()
coalesce.go:220: warning: cannot overwrite table with non table for keycloak.postgresql.primary.topologySpreadConstraints (map[])
coalesce.go:220: warning: cannot overwrite table with non table for keycloak.postgresql.readReplicas.topologySpreadConstraints (map[])
coalesce.go:223: warning: destination for keycloak.postgresql.ldap.tls is a table. Ignoring non-table value ()
coalesce.go:220: warning: cannot overwrite table with non table for keycloak.postgresql.readReplicas.topologySpreadConstraints (map[])
coalesce.go:220: warning: cannot overwrite table with non table for keycloak.postgresql.primary.topologySpreadConstraints (map[])
  1. When I tried to upgrade from 8.1.6 to 8.2.0, it requires Connectors secret but it doesn’t exist because Connectors is not available in this version. So in order to upgrade, I have to manually create a Connectors secret in Identity and create a secret on my cluster as well? Or is there any other way to upgrade.

2. After I created the secrets and upgrade to 8.2.0, there’s an error in postgresql version

postgresql 10:09:37.56 INFO  ==> ** Starting PostgreSQL **
2023-05-19 10:09:37.574 GMT [1] FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
2023-05-19 10:09:37.574 GMT [1] DETAIL:  The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 14, which is not compatible with this version 15.1.

How to upgrade properly from 8.1 to 8.2?