Using camunda-bpm-data with Zeebe worker

I’m trying to figure out how to use the camunda-bpm-data extension within a Zeebe worker. I’m using this extension for my Camunda 7 Spring Boot projects, but now I’m trying some external worker code for Camunda 8.

Any clues ? or maybe I missed some straightforward usage…

1 Like

Hey Lugon.

I guess you refer to GitHub - holunda-io/camunda-bpm-data: Beautiful process data handling for Camunda BPM. - right?

This cannot be used with Camunda 8 at the moment as it uses Camunda 7 API (see e.g. camunda-bpm-data/CamundaBpmData.java at develop · holunda-io/camunda-bpm-data · GitHub), it would need an updated version talking to the Camunda 8 API. Maybe you are in the mood to go for a pull request? Or you find a good way to motivate @zambrovski or @jangalinski to go for that :slight_smile:

Best
Bernd

1 Like

Bernd,
Exactly!
I will try to have a look at during my Easter leave…
BR
Pascal

Hi,

currently camunda-bpm-data is working with Camunda 7 (or with variable map)… I created the issue to implement the Camunda 8 support: Support Camunda 8 / Zeebe · Issue #233 · holunda-io/camunda-bpm-data · GitHub

I already got some ideas how to do so and was reasoning about it during the Easter.

As a starting point, consider looking on the “Example-No-Engine”: camunda-bpm-data/example/example-no-engine at develop · holunda-io/camunda-bpm-data · GitHub
What is then missing is an adapter for Zeebe…

Cheers,

Simon

1 Like

Simon,
Thanks for the hint…
Cheers
Pascal