Webhook Connector response statusCode

Hey everyone

Connector: Webhook Connector
Scenario:
An application should start a process by webhook, it triggers the webhook and needs a response code to define if the hook is processed synchronous or asynchronous.
If the response of the webhook is 200 or 201 it expect an immediate result, if 202 it will expect a result later by a rest call wit a specific parameter.
Now back to workflow: the connector can only set response code when used with one time verification …, but in this case it wont start a process. my expectation would be to set the response code in the same matter, but in the response body expression,
maybe this is somehow possible and i haven’t found it yet, but will be great if someone has an idea.

Thanks in advance

Good day, @AndrejShep

Good to see you with Camunda Community! Unfortunately, the response body expression does not support status code. Not, at least, for now.

There is no good workaround in my mind, rather than using other properties, such as headers, or implementing a custom inbound connector.

Cheers,
Igor

Hey Igor,

thank you for the clarification, also thought this but needed a confirmation to be sure not overseen something.

Regards,
Andrej

Hi @AndrejShep,

Just thought, you might be interested in the updates. The Connectors team acknowledged the opportunity for improvement, and prioritized the task: [FR] Status code support in response expression · Issue #2060 · camunda/connectors · GitHub.

Feel free lo leave a comment in the ticket if you would like anything to add/clarify.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @igpetrov Thank you for information this sounds great. Nothing to add there due to will solve exactly what i have :slight_smile: