What is the difference between finished & completed attribute?

From the Rest API docs,

what is the difference between finished & completed attribute? Is that both are same, which refers completed process instances?

• finished Only include finished process instances. Value may only be true , as false is the default behavior.

• completed Restrict to instances that are completed

Hi,

Completed instances are those which are completed through normal end event.
An instances can be finished but not “completed” if the instance was terminated for example.

Best regards,
Yana

2 Likes

Hi, @Yana thanks for the clarification.

I need more details like, here I’m linking the attributes of process instance & Task history instance between

Task-History-instance and Process-instance-history

finished Only include finished tasks. Value may only be true, as false is the default behavior.
unfinished Only include unfinished tasks. Value may only be true, as false is the default behavior.
processFinished Only include tasks of finished processes. Value may only be true, as false is the default behavior.
processUnfinished Only include tasks of unfinished processes. Value may only be true, as false is the default behavior.
  1. The processFinished attribute from TaskHistory refers to processinstance history attribute of completed or finished attribute?

2. And also, processFinished attribute refers both completed and finished process instances or only finished process instance?

Hi,

processFinished attribute refers to finished process instances, as I said they can be completed or terminated.