As we see both the versions exists now V7 and V8, Both are on different platform model/feature/support. If @camunda can share blog, would it be helpful who is on Camunda journey and for newcomers.
- Is Camunda V7 will be sunset after sometime?
- Many customers use Camunda V7 and tightly intergrated with Springboot application. How customers can migrate to Camunda platform V8.
- Many features are not supported in Camunda V8, what would be the roadmap for Camunda V8?
- If customer would like to do POC, where we should start V7 or V8.
- Is Camunda V8 going in the direction as other BPM vendors, deploying the BPMN process into dedicated server/containers.
- In Camunda V7, we use custom java class can be directly mapped into the service task. How that can be done in Camunda V8, did not find any samples or blogs.
- Many customers use Camunda V7 community editions and use WebApps in production. But Camunda V8 that’s not possible in production. Are they allowed to write their own apps to monitor/work. Any API being available to develop on their own.
Note: Some of the questions can be come from customers thought process to choose Camunda as BPM engine and over to other BPM engine.
Thank you once again and hoping to hear answer from Camunda product team.