Zeebe in springboot

Hi Team,
i already completed my workflow in camunda 8 bu using Saas.
Now i am using zeebe client in springboot. my workflow having start-servicetask-usertask-end process. already i done for servicetask by using JobWorker(type=“”).
now i want to user task what i do here.

Thanks in advanvce

@Supriya I am facing issue in user task running through api and through forms can you help m in this new to cammunda 8

Hi @Manish_peddurwarr, please start your own thread for a new question/problem. Thank you!

Hi @Supriya - for User Tasks, there are two primary options:

1. You can use Tasklist, which automatically handles User Tasks. We have a short guide available in the documentation here: Get started with human task orchestration | Camunda 8 Docs
  2. You can create a job worker that listens for the io.camunda.zeebe:userTask job type, similar to how you created the worker for the service task (@JobWorker(type = io.camunda.zeebe:userTask)). However, all User Tasks will route to this job worker, which can make handling the data more complex as your process becomes more complex. There are lots of threads on the forum with users doing something similar (for instance, this thread). If you are interested in doing this I’d recommend doing some searching on the forums and reading through those threads first!

Hello @nathan.loding Thank you for the response.
i already used the first option Tasklist.
Now i am using zeebe client in springboot and i want to create start to end (complete) by using REST api. i am able to run service task by using (`@JobWorker(type = here we put some services anotation and same we put in the camunda modelere bpmn diagram under task defination

). but now my quetion is for user task, suppose i used (@JobWorker(type = io.camunda.zeebe:userTask)) then how they map with camunda modeler means in bpmn diagram.

Regards,
Supriya K

Hi @Supriya - I think there’s a misunderstanding in how these are executed. Your job worker is not running the task; rather, the engine (Zeebe) is executing your job worker!

When you run a process in Camunda, the process engine moves step by step through the process and performs various functions depending on how each task is defined. When it encounters a service task, it looks at the task definition type and then looks for registered job workers that match that type (in your example, the type is taskinfo). The engine then executes the job worker.

When the process engine encounters a user task, what it does next depends on how you’ve set things up. If you use a job worker, then just like with your service task, the engine will execute the job worker. By default, user tasks are handled by Tasklist, and you don’t need to do anything additional to configure them (though there are customizations you can make to user tasks).

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank you i am able to use usertask by using rest endpoint.