How to make Zeebe gRPC API calls with Postman?

Hello everyone,

I am currently using the 30-day test account of the Camunda 8 Cloud for evaluation.

Now I would like to somehow use the Zeebe API (gRPC) via Postman, so that Postman would be the client.

I have already created a client with the corresponding credentials via the Camunda Console in the web frontend and created Connector Secrets.

In a Spring Boot application, these client credentials can be integrated without any problems.

It gives the client the following parameters

Cluster URL: xxxxxxxxx.dsm-1.zeebe.camunda.io:443
Cluster ID: XXXXXXX
Client ID: ZZZZZZZ
Client Secret: YYYYYYYYYYYY

or general environment variables:

ZEEBE_ADDRESS= xxxxxxxxx.dsm-1.zeebe.camunda.io:443
ZEEBE_CLIENT_ID= ZZZZZZZZZ
ZEEBE_CLIENT_SECRET= YYYYYYYYY ZEEBE_AUTHORIZATION_SERVER_URL=‘https://login.cloud.camunda.io/oauth/token’
ZEEBE_TOKEN_AUDIENCE=‘zeebe.camunda.io’

CAMUNDA_CLUSTER_ID= XXXXXXX
CAMUNDA_CLUSTER_REGION=‘dsm-1’
CAMUNDA_CREDENTIALS_SCOPES=‘Zeebe’
CAMUNDA_OAUTH_URL=‘https://login.cloud.camunda.io/oauth/token’

Where or how must the corresponding credentials be entered in Postman so that, for example, the gRPC call of “ActivateJobs” works?

See:

Explanations and examples would be very helpful for this.

Thanks in advance

Hi, did you manage this?
I have the same problem.
Don`t understand how to trigger a provess via Postman / REST API call.

@SaMueller is attempting to use Postman’s support for gRPC to communicate with Zeebe. Zeebe does not offer a REST API. So regular REST calls are not possible.

This is going to be difficult, but it should be possible. Sadly, I have no experience with Postman gRPC, so I cannot help you with where you should enter the details, but a starting point could be their blog post about their support.

Note that the Zeebe Java Client (including Spring-Zeebe) reads the environment variables and takes out the relevant details to build the gRPC channel. You’ll need to do something similar.

I recommend looking at zeebe/clients/java/src/main/java/io/camunda/zeebe/client/impl/ZeebeClientImpl.java at main ¡ camunda/zeebe ¡ GitHub and zeebe/clients/java/src/main/java/io/camunda/zeebe/client/impl/oauth/OAuthCredentialsProviderBuilder.java at main ¡ camunda/zeebe ¡ GitHub to figure out the exact details needed to build the channel.

i try use postman and its worked

1 Like

I’ve created a simple REST API as a community project, which can be connected to Camunda Platform SaaS easily. You could then use this REST API via Postman.