Refresh of my Tasks using asynchronous continouations

Hi,
I am using the Camunda Tasklist and I have a start process, a service tasks that needs 2 to 3 secs to complete and a user task. See sumit-start-process-takes-2-to-3-secs
My problem was that after starting the process it takes 2 to 3 secs until the new task appeared in the tasklist. Then I ticked the asynchronous after checkbox and my problem is now that the tasklist in the cockpit does no longer autorefresh. I need to click on my Tasks myself to make the new task visible. How can I solve this?

Cheers
Armin

Hi,

Auto-refresh is a function of the tasklist filter. Im not sure what the periodicity is, however my experience suggests around 30s or so…

It could be the case that on form submission, tasklist forces a refresh (I say could be, i don’t know for sure). If this is the case and your process is synchronous, hen when your submission ‘thread’ of control reaches the user task, it would return control to tasklist which then could perform a refresh and of course find the new user task. If you then set the behaviour to be asynch, then the submission thread can return before the user task is created and thus refresh triggered by submission would not find the user task due to a potential race condition.

To confirm my hypothesis, use cockpit to ensure the process is blocked at the user task. Ensure the filter you are using has auto-refresh set to true. Wait up to 1 min or so to see if the user task appears…

regards

Rob

Hi Rob,
what you explained is exactly my situation and I know all this except the Auto Refresh Button in the Filter Details View.
After ticking the checkbox the inbox is refreshed with the task, even if it is async.
Beside maybe this is also interesting: After using async the inbox is never refreshed, if I do not set Auto Refresh.

Thank you. You saved me a lot of time

Armin