Task listeners and Execution Listeners in Camunda 8

Hi Team,
What are the alternate ways to achieve the requirements for task listeners in Camunda 8?
For Eg, when a user task reaches time out, I need to notify someone or reassign task to someone else.
Earlier in Camunda 7, there were events like create ,assignment, delete, timeout etc where at any of this stage we could configure listener. How can I achieve the same using Camunda 8?
Even if we use a service task and write a worker, how can I meet my requirement at each of the task stages mentioned here.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Pushkala,

Please have a look at the related post: Platfrom 8 task and execution listeners - #5 by Chuck_Irvine.

Regarding:

when a user task reaches time out, I need to notify someone or reassign task to someone else.

Currently, Camunda Platform 8 doesn’t support due dates for user tasks.

But you could model a similar behavior in the process. For example, by adding a timer boundary event to the user task and changing the assignee of the task.

Does this help you?

Best regards,
Philipp

Thank you @Philipp_Ossler for the response.

I am little bit confused with some use cases, other than this time out case, which happens inside the user task. How can we get a control over such events happening inside the user task?
For eg, I have assigned a task to a group of users, when one of the users in the group claims it, it should disappear from others inbox and I have to do a custom logic( may be notifying other users) that this task is taken up by another person. So how can I get control over such events occurring inside a task, since listeners are not supported in Camunda 8?

Currently, you can’t. User tasks are handled completely by Tasklist. Zeebe is not aware if a task is claimed.

Tasklist has a query API:Overview | Camunda 8 Docs. But there is no way to “react” on the state change of a user task.

You could do it by implementing the User Task lifecycle yourself, in a custom Task list. To do this, you service the User Task task type with your own worker. That’s with self-hosted.

1 Like

@Philipp_Ossler @jwulf
Thanks for the response.