The assignment of tasks in Camunda

Hello, I have a question. I’ve noticed that in Camunda, you can assign tasks to a user based on their email address. Task A is assigned to Harry, and Task B is assigned to Kate. I’ve executed the process and observed that Kate can reassign Task A to herself and complete Task A, even though that shouldn’t be the case. Is this a normal behavior in Camunda, or have I done something wrong? I would appreciate your responses. Thank you.

Hi @FC_Catalonia - isn’t this the same question you’ve asked three or four times now? (see 1, 2, 3, 4) Yes, that is how Tasklist currently functions.

It seems like there’s some additional confusion, or perhaps a question you’re not asking? Is there any additional detail we could provide that would help?

Okay, I understand. I just wanted to make sure if I’ve set something wrong in the assignment or if it’s the way Camunda works. The only solution would be to define your own user interface with your respective rules and use the API, is that correct? Is it also true that in Camunda, you cannot assign capabilities to users?

I think we’ve discussed both of those topics in depth in the other threads. Yes, you need to build your own tasklist application; and while users have roles and permissions within Camunda, they are not roles/permissions within a given process - they are Camunda application level permissions (for instance, can you access Operate or not).

Thank you. So, if you want to set the skills for a user, you also need to program their user interface. Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes, that is correct; for the features you are describing, you would need to implement a custom tasklist application.

I see. Thank you so much.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.