User Assignement in Camunda 8 Web Modeler

Hi guys, this might be a trivial question, but I am struggling a bit. I have a Camunda 8 SaaS-test version running and deployed a process-modell with just a single user task. Now I want to assign this user-task to one of the registered users.
However this does not seem to work. I have found this documentation here:

For Tasklist to claim the task for a known Tasklist user, the value of the assignee must be the user’s unique identifier. The unique identifier depends on the authentication method used to login to Tasklist:

• Camunda Platform 8 (login with email, Google, GitHub): email
  • Default Basic Auth (elasticsearch): username
  • IAM: username

So I tried the e-mail of the users in multiple variations, as String, with “”, as expression #{e-mail}, the Camunda 7 way with ${e-mail}. None of these worked. Only after I claim it manually, I can add variables and finish the task, it does not get assigned automtically. Is this by design or am I doing something wrong?

I am asking because I also found this posting, which says that the group-assignement is not implemented in the Tasklist in C8 yet. Might this be the same for user-assignement? Candidate Groups for User Tasks apparently not taking effect

1 Like

try creating a task with the assignee set the same as the value from one you claimed ( auth0|… ) and see if that assigns it.

I have the same issue and it seems like a bug to me, unless I’m missing something fundamental.

I have logged in using Google Auth.
The user task assignee configured to name@domain.com (which is the Google account)
Upon running the workflow and opening the tasklist, I see the task assigned to me.
But I can’t interact with it. It is not possible to complete the task or set any variables.

I have to unclaim the task, then claim it again. At that point the id of the assignee changes to something like “google-auth2|1234…” and at that point I can complete the task.
If I configure the task’s assignee to be “google-auth|1234…” it works straight away.

But obviously that’s a very inconvenient and non-readable type of ID to use when configuring the task.
Is there a plan to fix this?