Plugins for Camunda BPM Run

Hello everybody

Is it possible to use Spin, http-connector and other plugins with Camunda BPM Run?
In standalone distribution it’s solved by specifying appropriate parameters in bpm-platform.xml (plugins section). But how it can be done in Camunda Run distribution?

Hey @mms,

Yes, you can use the Spin and Connect process engine plugins with Camunda BPM Run. To do this, you need to drop the appropriate jar archives (camunda-engine-plugin-spin, camunda-engine-plugin-connect) in the configuration/userlib/ directory of the Run distro.

For other, custom plugins, the process requires some Java and Spring Boot knowledge:

Since Camunda BPM Run is based on the Camunda Spring Boot Starter, you can create a Spring Boot module that wraps the custom Camunda plugin as a Spring Bean. Once you have that done, you can put the generated jar archive in the configuration/userlib/ directory of the Run distro. Since Spring Boot supports classpath scanning, the custom plugin will be discovered and loaded in the Process Engine.

Does this help?

Best,
Nikola

UPDATE:
The Spin plugin is actually included by default as in the other distros, so you can use it without any additional configuration.

3 Likes

Thank you, Nikola! Your advice did a trick.

I just copied

camunda-connect-connectors-all-1.4.0.jar
camunda-engine-plugin-connect-7.13.0.jar
camunda-connect-core-1.4.0.jar

into configuration/userlib and it works!
You are right, Spin is already included in Camunda BPM Run.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m trying to install one of these plugins :

i don’t know if they are considered custom plugins ? if so, following your reply I should create a Spring Boot Module ? Correct ?

Do you have any exemples or tutorial, it’s really difficult to find any informations…

Thanks in advance

Here is an example: code/snippets/run-engine-plugin at master · camunda-consulting/code · GitHub

1 Like